Welcome to my blog dedicated to my Journey with Teal....Ovarian Cancer. This blog is where I will make updates to my treatments and tests....hoping to keep blog friends updated and answer any questions from visitors. I did not pick this journey, but am doing the best I know how to walk strong and gracefully, with my Lord's continual strength!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Life is so Wonderful!

Last night as I was hoping to fall asleep, which I eventually did...I was thinking about all the things that came to mind about what makes life wonderful. I try often to remind myself of these when again I am facing the chemo chair.
So many times, I find myself complaining that I have to go to chemo AGAIN, but really, I should and try to be, grateful that the doctors have something to try. In my battle, I have met many women who unfortunately, their battle is over.
Yesterday, my son went to church with us. Pastor's message on the ark was so interesting and thought provoking....it was a blessing, and I got to enjoy it. My son leaned over and gave me a hug, and I got to enjoy it. We went to PF Changs and had lettuce wraps, and I got to enjoy it.
So, tomorrow, when I sit in the chemo chair AGAIN....I will think on those things....at least some of the time! Sorry, not until the poke is over.....well, you know about my ISSUES with that! I will try to be back here or my other blog before the end of the week. Next week is my CT scan again. This time, with pre-meds.

Ceekay

9 comments:

Lynn Barbadora said...

Ceekay,
I admire your courage in the midst of such a difficult journey. I think that if we ALL would think a little more each day of what makes life wonderful..the world would be a very different place. You are not alone this week...as you are in the thoughts and prayers of many....myself included.
Hugs,
Lynn

Bernie said...

Oh Ceekay, your post has brought back memories of when I was going to chemo, I hated it but yet when I was finished with it I felt frightened as I thought it had protected me.. I wanted protection. I hope this session is easier on you, will keep you in my heart and prayers.......:-) Hugs

Heather said...

you're such a strong lady Ceekay. a true inspiration to so many :)

Karen said...

I'm thinking about you - I thought it was this week . . . ouch! the poke! OK- now it's over.
LOVE LETTUCE WRAPS!!! OMG!
When we get together, we have to go there AND Cracker Barrel!!! :)
Hugs my dear friend!

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Good luck tomorrow. Thinking and praying for you. Hang in there. We are all here for you:)
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh CeeKay sweetie...
I know how much your day meant to you yesterday. I am sure it was enough to last you, for memories, for a very long time. Isn't God wonderful? He is listening to your prayers. I am so happy for you sweetie. What a glorious day this must have been. To be able to sit with your son at your side, and to enjoy the sermon. So much to be thankful for.

I will be praying for an easy stick tomorrow and for a better chemo treatment. At least when you have your CT Scan they will give you pre meds/ I am grateful for that sweetie. So grateful.

One day at a time sweetie. I am praying and thinking of you. Trying to walk with you CeeKay, can you slow down a little, you are passing me up.

I love you sweetie. I am so grateful for yesterday, as I know it meant the world to you. God id listening so we keep with on praying.

All my love...Sherry

Lisa Smith said...

CeeKay--I am finally able to come poke around a bit and get to know you a little better. You spirit is soooo sweet and I pray your time in the chair is filled with sweet communion with Him. I pray instead of the cold drip (not really sure how chemo will feel) you feel annointing of warm oil from the hand of God. I will be fervently praying for your ct scan and a good result. much love, lisa

Judi said...

Hi CeeKay
I hope you will be having something really wonderful to be thinking about while you are having chemo in addition to how wonderful that the doctors do have medication to give to you. That is a good thing.
Be strong...*hugs*...
Judi

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Good attitude! Love it!

Katherine