Welcome to my blog dedicated to my Journey with Teal....Ovarian Cancer. This blog is where I will make updates to my treatments and tests....hoping to keep blog friends updated and answer any questions from visitors. I did not pick this journey, but am doing the best I know how to walk strong and gracefully, with my Lord's continual strength!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

This is quite unbelievable!

Most of you know that I have suffered for months with, well frankly, diahrea. Quite bad. The doctor has tried several things...nothing helped.

The other night my friend Kathy called and said she saw on Mystery Diagnosis a lady who had what sounded like the same symptoms I have. It is called Happa Gallbladder Syndrome.

I called my oncologist, who had never heard of it, and asked if he would look it up and see if maybe that could be me. He later called and said, let's try it. I started a low dose of Colestyramine and so far so good. 3 days - no problems.

I am amazed. Almost 6 months I have suffered with this. It was a great diet plan though...so now, I really got to watch the food!!

5 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Girl good luck with this...I really hope they have a handle on this and why is it you have to be your own doctor these days to get anything done...Have miss ya my Dear friend and pray for you all the time...Take care girl...Hugs and smiles to ya Gl♥ria

Bernie said...

It will be such a relief to you if this works, you need a break my friend. Good Luck and I know you will enjoy your days much better now.
......:-) Hugs

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Yea! I'm so relieved that you have gotten a handle on this, Ceekay. I know you must be feeling a lot better by now.

While I have not been through anything like what you have, I had some type of stomach situation that lasted off and on for about two weeks. FINALLY, I am better. Not sure what was going on, but I feel greatly relieved. So I can imagine you do after such extended illness. Thank you, too, for your prayers for Mr. Magpie who is much better and on the mend. My nursing duties are at a close, and now it's maid duties calling! Hope to be up and blogging again in a week or so.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Rose said...

great news. Boy! for you to get this info. and then to call your doctor, it paid off. hope you continue to feel better. rose

Simple Home said...

I hope it's continuing to work and you're feeling much better! I'm so glad they have shows like this. Our doctors just can't know everything, but there is so much more info out there for us than there used to be.
Blessings,
Marcia