Welcome to my blog dedicated to my Journey with Teal....Ovarian Cancer. This blog is where I will make updates to my treatments and tests....hoping to keep blog friends updated and answer any questions from visitors. I did not pick this journey, but am doing the best I know how to walk strong and gracefully, with my Lord's continual strength!

Monday, December 14, 2009

December 14, 2009

I did not get the Christmas present I so most wanted....a good scan. Although my recent CT was not "horrible" it was just worse enough to know that the current clinical trial I have been on for 3 months is not working for me. This seems to be a regular occurance in my fight. My husband always said I was stubborn...I guess this cancer is too.
So, we will be starting the week after Christmas on another trial. Traditional chemo no longer is effective, but this new trial gives an "add on" drug to the chemo to amplify it's effectiveness...in theory!
I am very healthy otherwise, which is a tremendous blessing....just want to keep it that way.

And my veins...nope, not a drop of blood out of those babies today. Had to go through the port.

I probably will not post again on this blog until I know more about when I will start the new drug therapy.

Again, I always want you to know how much I appreciate your love, concern and most importantly, your prayers.

Merry Christmas!
Ceekay

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration. Right in the midst of your struggle, you bless others with your light. God bless and keep you.
CurtissAnn

Myrna said...

I agree! You ARE an inspiration! And a blessing to all who read your blog..including me!!
Thank you so much for starting this blog, so we can all check up on you any time!
Blessings and hugs,
Myrna

Stephens said...

I hope you are having a good day today! Love you and am praying for you.

Rettabug said...

Ceekay, I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the Christmas present that you were hoping for. {HUGS}
I continue to send *knee-mails* on your behalf.

I stumbled across this gals blog this morning & I found it very inspiring.

http://elizabethpickett.blogspot.com/

Hang in there, Honey!!!!

Janean said...

((((((((BIG hug)))))))))))

Daria said...

Ceekay, I've moved over from your other blog to this one. Thanks for starting it up.

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Ceekay, my prayers are with you. Hang in there and keep fighting. There are always new things coming out that can help people with cancer. I know someone right now who inspires me to no end. He has prostrate cancer and has opted for a different kind of therapy. So far so good. And this fabulous man keeps running marathons!!! Every time I hear he is in another race I just admire him more. So there is a treatment that will help you, I am sure of it. Science is incredible. Sending you prayers and lots of hugs. YOu can never have to many of either.
~Debra
Capers of the vintage vixens

Happy@Home said...

My thoughts and prayers continue, Ceekay. I am sorry to hear you didn't get the results you had hoped for this time.

Gypsy Heart said...

Yes, you are strong!! I have complete faith that this new round will work beautifully. I so admire your tenacity. Holding you in prayer and sending positive, healing energy your way.
xo

Linda said...

Ceekay, you are very strong and an inspiration to others. I think of you often and I will continue to pray for your continued strength and courage. Sending hugs and healing thoughts your way...Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Ceekay. I'm adding this blog to my list. I had a very dear friend pass away a few years ago from liver cancer. Although its a very slow growing cancer, he had been misdiagnosed for many years until it was too late. I want you to know that I'm praying for you, and supportive of you all the way. Rosie

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

So sorry to hear this Ceekay! Prayer are with you! ~hugs, Rhonda

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Ceekay, Continued prayers for you. You are such an inspiration to all.
May better news find it's way to you in the new year.
Much Love, Celestina Marie

Unknown said...

CeeKay, just keep fighting the good fight. You inspire me. Your grace is a picture of the peace that Jesus provides only when we are still and abide in him. How do people who don't have him do it?!

I prayer for a year filled with miracles for you!
Blessings!
~Liz

Connie said...

Yes...you're stubborn...that's why you're fighting this with such fight. I prefer to call it tenacity. (lends a more dignified 'tude to it all)

You know we're praying. Hang in there.

love ya,

Blondie's Journal said...

Ceekay,

I think this blog is a good idea. I had no idea the clinical trial failed. But I have hope that the new drug will be effective.

As always, you are in my prayers everyday. How courageous you are!!

Happy holidays, sweetie! :-)

xoxo
Janie

Daria said...

I`m hoping and praying the next one works.

Melissa Miller said...

Oh my goodness Ceekay! You are in my thoughts and prayers with this news. I really understand all of this much more than I have ever spoken about on my blog. You are a brave lady and I admire your strength and courage. Keep on thinking postive thoughts. They do work miracles.

Love ya my friend. ~Melissa :)